Copyright is a legal right that seeks to protect original works of authorship (ex: books, music, film, art).
Generally, copyright protects original expression such as words or images. It does not protect facts and ideas, although it may protect the original words or images used to describe an idea. Copyright also doesn’t protect things like names, titles and slogans; however, another legal right called a trademark might protect those.
Learn more about reporting copyright violations.
A trademark is a word, slogan, symbol or design (ex: brand name, logo) that distinguishes the products or services offered by one person, group or company from another. Generally, trademark law seeks to prevent confusion among consumers about who provides or is affiliated with a product or service.
Learn more about reporting trademark violations.
Last updated: September 1, 2015
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may useTDGLife Payments only with the involvement of your parent or guardian. Make sure you review these Terms with your parent or guardian so that you both understand all of your rights and responsibilities.
We have provided some section headers for your convenience, but you should carefully read through these Community Payments Terms (the “Terms”) in order to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as ours.
1. Making Purchases
- Funding and spending: When you make a purchase using TDGLife Payments, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument to load money into your electronic value balance. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to the developer offering the content you wish to purchase.
- Pricing: Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
- Extra terms: You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- Subscriptions: If you purchase a subscription to an app or to a feature within an app, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through TDGLife Payments:
- If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period.
- You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account Settings page.
- If you cancel a subscription you will still have access to the app or feature you subscribed to through the end of the subscription period. If an app or feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
- Sponsored posts: Posts you have Sponsored are subject to our Advertising Guidelines.
- Actual sale: With the sole exception of Section 1.7, below, you may only use TDGLife Payments to process a funding transaction for a legitimate, bona fide purchase of a product or service. Except as set forth below, you may not use TDGLife Payments to fund a transaction or otherwise transfer electronic value not in conjunction with a purchase.
- Person-to-Person Transfer. Person-to-Person transfer of electronic value (“P2P”) may be made available to you in the Messenger service at our sole discretion. If you use P2P, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- We may require that you provide more information in order to complete a transaction.
- P2P is not intended to be used for business, commercial, or merchant transactions and such use may be discontinued without notice by us at any time. We may reverse or place a hold on your transactions or place a reserve on your funds if evidence of business, commercial, or merchant use is discovered.
- If you receive and accept a P2P transfer you are liable to us for not only the payment but also any fees that may result from a later invalidation of that payment for any reason, including without limitation if you lose a claim or a chargeback, or if the payment is reversed. You agree to allow us to recover any amounts due to us by debiting from your electronic value balance. If your electronic value balance is insufficient to cover this amount, we reserve the right to charge your funding instrument or take any other legal action to collect the funds to the full extent allowed by applicable law.
- P2P use is at your sole risk and we assume no responsibility for the underlying transaction of funds, or the actions or identity of any transfer recipient or sender. Disputes regarding funds are between you and the sender of a payment. If a sender files a claim for a chargeback after a P2P transaction, we are not responsible for determining the veracity of claims or the disposition of the payment.
- Use of P2P may subject you to fees including without limitation those from third parties, such as reversal charges or other fees for insufficient funds if your attempted payment is rejected.
- P2P must be used in compliance with applicable law and may not be used in connection with any illegal or illicit transaction. If illegal or illicit transactions are reported or discovered, we reserve the right to take action including without limitation the following, without notice to you: place a hold on your transactions; place a reserve on your funds; limit your ability to useTDGLife Payments; report the activity to authorities; or deactivate your account entirely.
- EU Right to Cancel: If you are in the EU, you consent to the performance of this contract for your purchase, and waive any Right to Cancel provided by the Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EU) or similar implementing regulations.
- No Warranties. You acknowledge that the products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by Facebook. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH TDGLIFE.
2. Payment Methods
- Funding instruments: We want to make TDGLife Payments convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, TDGLife Gift Cards, and other payment methods.
- Authority: When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
- Authorization: If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount, which may be as high as the full price of your purchase. We will bill your card at the time you load funds for your TDGLife Payments transaction, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed funding: If you fund a payment by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
- TDGLife Gift Cards: TDGLife Gift Cards may be used to increase your electronic value balance (“Balance”) on TDGLife. You can then use this Balance on our platform as a payment method. The following terms apply to Balances:
- If you enter the Gift Card’s PIN and click “Redeem” at www.TDGLife.com/giftcards/redeem, we will credit the Gift Card’s value to your Balance. Once you have entered the PIN on your Gift Card, the value you received can’t be restored to the original Gift Card.
- All Gift Cards converted at www.TDGLife.com/giftcards/redeem as described above will result in Balances that can be used across the platform; your Balance will be applied toward funding transactions you wish to execute, and if your Balance is insufficient to complete a transaction, we will ask you to elect an additional payment method to cover the difference. Gift Cards converted in certain games, however, may result in value that can only be used within that game, or in other games from the same developer.
- TDGLife is not a bank, so Gift Card balances are not deposits and they do not earn interest. Gift Card balances are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
- We may change the process to convert Gift Cards into electronic value, or the ways that you can use your resulting Balance, at any time as we deem necessary without prior notice to the full extent permitted by law.
- Some TDGLife Gift Cards have bonus offers. Bonus offers are open to customers who redeem a participating TDGLife Gift Card during the offer period stated on the Gift Card packaging. To obtain the bonus item, visit www.TDGLife.com/giftcards/redeem, enter the Gift Card PIN when prompted, and follow the instructions to receive your item. We will not give notice of the expiration of these bonus offers. Free gift items may vary; average retail value of items will range from approximately one to fifteen USD ($1-15). Bonus offers may not be combined with other offers and discounts, nor exchanged, nor redeemed for cash. Other terms and conditions may apply to the use of TDGLife Gift Cards and of www.TDGLife.com; see site for details.
- You may not sell your Balance or any portion thereof, nor transfer any portion thereof to anyone outside of TDGLife.
- Balances are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from us unless required by law.
- TDGLifeGift Cards and Balances don’t expire. However, Balances are subject to our Abandoned Property provision (Section 3.6, below).
- Incompatibility: You may at some point encounter an app or feature that does not support the payment method you would prefer to use – for example, if an item or feature that you wish to purchase is priced in local currency, you won’t be able to use Credits as a payment method; however, you can select a different type of payment instrument (such as credit or debit card, or mobile operator billing).
- Mobile billing: Mobile operator billing is another payment method we have made available for your convenience. If you use mobile billing as a funding instrument, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- By choosing the mobile billing payment method, you agree that we and your mobile operator may exchange information about you in order to facilitate completion or reversal of payments, resolution of disputes, provision of customer support, or other billing-related activity.
- You are responsible for any charges, fees, changes to your mobile plan service or billing, alterations to your mobile device, or any other consequence that may arise out of your use of mobile billing.
- If you use mobile billing, you are bound not only by these Terms, but also by the terms and conditions of your mobile operator.
- If you have questions about any charges or fees that appear on your mobile phone bill, you may contact your mobile provider’s customer service division.
- Sometimes, use of mobile billing in a funding transaction may lead to charges that, for various technical reasons beyond our control, cannot be refunded to you. In these cases, we have the right, but not the obligation, to issue you a courtesy credit to your electronic value Balance.
- Boleto (Pre-paid): If you use boleto as a payment method, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- Refunds: Due to technical limitations, we are able to provide refunds ONLY by making cash deposit into a bank account. If you make a purchase with boleto and later request a refund for any reason, you MUST have a bank account in order to receive the refund. Additionally, the name on the bank account receiving the refund deposit MUST match the name on the boleto used to make the payment.
- Safety: We may delay or limit the availability of your purchase, for either safety reasons, or to make sure we possess all relevant information necessary to process the payment and deliver to you what you have paid for.
- Information: You agree and consent that we will store your tax id (CNPJ/CPF). We may use your tax id to obtain additional information about you, necessary to process the payment, from the federal tax id registration database provided by the Brazilian government, via a third-party processor. We will also submit final tax documents to the Brazilian government as required.
3. Actions We May Take
- At-will use: We may revoke your eligibility to use TDGLife Payments at any time at our sole discretion.
- Inquiries: By using TDGLife Payments, you acknowledge and agree that we may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- Our right to cancel: We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Terms or the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, or if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any electronic value accumulated, transferred, assigned, or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behavior.
- Payment limitations: In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a purchase, or deactivate your account.
- Sharing of information: In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- Abandoned Property: If you leave a Balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a Balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
4. Disputes and Reversals
- Customer assistance: Subject to Sections 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 below, we provide various tools in our TDGLife Payments Support Center to assist you in communicating with a third party to resolve a dispute arising from a payment transaction.
- No liability for spend transaction: If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction. Our only responsibility is to handle your funding transaction. All funding transactions are final unless required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your funded amount.
- Duty to notify us: If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Intervention: We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
- Technical difficulties: If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
5. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
- Agreement to pay: When you purchase advertising or promoted posts on or through TDGLife, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
- Consent to credit check: Without limiting Section 3.2 above, your order constitutes your written authorization for us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau. We may obtain your credit report when you place an order, or at any time thereafter.
- Security: You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- Direct debit: If you are making direct debit payments, you agree that we can charge you any amount that falls within the range you agreed to upon signup. We will notify you in advance if any charge will exceed the agreed-upon range. If you want to change your preferred payment method from direct debit, you can do so from within your Facebook Payment Settings.
- Cancellation: You can cancel an advertising order at any time through our online portal, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
- Tax liability: The amounts charged to you by us, whether through your credit card or otherwise, may be subject to and include applicable taxes, including without limitation withholding taxes. It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
- Delinquent accounts: If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of the lesser of 1% per month or the lawful maximum.
- Prepaid Account: You may have the option to purchase ads with a prepaid account. Amounts prepaid are non-refundable except where required by law. TDGLife is not a bank and does not offer banking services; accordingly, prepaid amounts do not earn interest, are not deposit obligations, and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
6. Notices and Amendments to These Terms
- Notice to you: By using the TDGLife Payments service, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the time sent.
- Notice to us: Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to TDGLife Payments and these Terms by postal mail to:
- Amendment guidelines: We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
7. Customer Complaints
- Alaska users: If you have concerns with respect to the money transmission activities conducted via this website, you may contact the Alaska Division of Banking and Securities at 907-269-8140, or by mailing this form to 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1850, Anchorage, AK 99501.
- California users: If you have complaints with respect to any aspect of the money transmission activities conducted via this website, you may contact the California Department of Financial Institutions at its toll-free telephone number, 1-800-622-0620, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Department of Financial Institutions, Consumer Services, 1810 13th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811.
- Colorado users: Entities other than FDIC-insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 12, Article 52, Colorado Revised Statutes. If there are questions or concerns regarding a transaction with a licensee, please contact the Colorado Division of Banking at 303-894-7575 or by mail at: Colorado Division of Banking, 1560 Broadway, Suite 975, Denver, Colorado 80202. Consumer complaints should be in writing, providing as much detail as possible. Please include the following information. (1) The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom the complainant has had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses. (2) A complete description of the complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve the complaint directly with the institution. (3) Copies of any available documentation supporting the complaint and efforts toward resolution. (4) Any suggestions regarding a preferred resolution of the complaint.
- Florida users: If you are a user in the State of Florida and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding TDGLife Payments Inc.’s money transmission activity after first contacting TDGLife Payments Inc., please direct your inquiry to: Florida Office of Financial Regulation, 200 E. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0376, or at 1-800-848-3792.
- Illinois users: If you are a user in the State of Illinois and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding TDGLife Payments Inc.’s money transmission activity after first contacting TDGLife Payments Inc., please direct your inquiry to: Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation at 1-888-298-8089.
- Maryland users: The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding TDGLife Payments Inc., license number 9180, at Commissioner of Financial Regulation, Attention: Consumer Services Unit, 500 North Calvert Street, Suite 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21202. The Commissioner’s toll-free telephone number is: 1-888-784-0136.
The following terms, as well as our Data Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all Pages on TDGLife. Additionally, all content on Pages must comply with our Community Standards. You are responsible for ensuring that your Page complies with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- A Page for a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure may be administered only by an authorized representative of that brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure (an “official Page”).
- Any user may create a Page to express support for or interest in a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure, provided that it does not mislead others into thinking it is an official Page, or violate someone’s rights. If your Page is not the official Page of a brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure, you must:
- not speak in the voice of, or post content as though it was coming from, the authorized representative of the Page’s subject matter; and
- make clear that the Page is not the official Page of the brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure.
- Content posted to a Page is public and viewable by everyone who can see the Page.
- You are required to restrict access to Pages (through our gating functionality) as necessary to comply with applicable laws and TDGLife policies, including our Community Standards.
- You may not establish terms for your Page that conflict with our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, Data Policy or these terms.
2. Page Management
- Page Names and TDGLife Web Addresses
Page names and TDGLife Web Addresses must accurately reflect Page content. We may remove administrative rights or require you to change the Page name and TDGLife Web Address for any Page that fails to meet this requirement.
Page names must:
- not consist solely of generic terms (e.g., “beer” or “pizza”);
- use proper, grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capitals, except for acronyms;
- not include character symbols, such as excessive punctuation and trademark designations;
- not include superfluous descriptions or unnecessary qualifiers;
- not mislead others into thinking it is an official Page of the Page’s subject matter or is authorized by an authorized representative of the Page’s subject matter; and
- not violate someone’s rights.
- Name Changes and Migrations
We will only process name changes and migrations that do not result in a misleading or unintended connection. For example, we will allow local to global migrations, such as “TDGLife France” to “TDGLife”, but will not allow global to local migrations, or location to location migrations, such as “TDGLife France” to “TDGLife Russia”. Additionally, you may not request a name change or migration that would result in re-categorizing a product Page to a brand Page, a generic or opinion Page to a brand Page, or a Group to a Page. All migrations are at our discretion and are final.
- Collection of Data
If you collect content and information directly from users, you will make it clear that you (and not TDGLife) are collecting it, and you will provide notice about and obtain user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless of how you obtain content and information from users, you are responsible for securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.
You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access TDGLife, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
Any data you obtain from us must comply with our TDGLife Platform Policies.
You must not inaccurately tag content or encourage users to inaccurately tag content (ex: don’t encourage people to tag themselves in photos if they aren’t in the photo).
3. Page Features
- Advertising on Pages
Third-party advertisements on Pages are prohibited, without our prior permission.
All covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Page will be able to see your cover. Covers can’t be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else’s copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal Activities.
- Applications on Pages
Apps on your Page must comply with the TDGLife Platform Policies.
If you create an offer using TDGLife’s offer creation tool, the following policies apply:
- TDGLife offers must be available for a limited time.
- You may only run an offer if you are the merchant for or the manufacturer of the product or service you are promoting.
- You must clearly and prominently disclose any restrictions on your offer (such as expiration date or limitations on redemption).
- You are solely responsible for improper redemption, fraud, disputes or other issues that arise from the distribution and/or redemption of your offer.
- If your offer may be redeemed at a merchant not operated by you, it is your sole responsibility to communicate with the merchant and ensure they honor your offer.
- You must only use the offer creation tool for its intended functionality and not to promote your website or other contact information, or to offer the equivalent of a gift card, gift certificate or stored value card.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your offer complies with these terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Offers are subject to many regulations (such as alcohol discounts and offers marketed to minors) and if you are not certain that your offer complies with applicable law, consult with an expert.
- If you use TDGLife to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- The official rules;
- Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
- Promotions on TDGLife must include the following:
- A complete release of TDGLife by each entrant or participant.
- Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TDGLife.
- Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on TDGLife. Personal Activities and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Activity to enter” or “share on your friend’s Activity to get additional entries”, and “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted).
- We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.
- If you use TDGLife to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
4. Page Content
- Pages promoting the private sale of regulated goods or services (including firearms, alcohol, tobacco, or adult products) must restrict access to a minimum age of 18.
- Pages that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed in specific countries with prior authorization from TDGLife.
- Pages must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Pages for online pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from TDGLife.
- Pages must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
Amended Pages Terms for State and Local Governments in the United States
Terms & Policy:
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) derives from theTDGLife Principles, and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with TDGLife, as well as TDGLife brands, products and services, which we call the “TDGLife Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing theTDGLife Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how TDGLife works.
Because TDGLife provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use TDGLife to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the DataPolicy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on TDGLife, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with TDGLife (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share with applications, read our Data Policy and Platform Page.)
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of TDGLife, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about TDGLife, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
1. We do our best to keep TDGLife safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep TDGLife safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on TDGLife.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise accessTDGLife, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on TDGLife.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use TDGLife to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of TDGLife, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other TDGLife functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
2. Registration and Account Security
TDGLife users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on TDGLife, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a TDGLife Page for such purposes.
- You will not use TDGLife if you are under 13.
- You will not use TDGLife if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
3. Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on TDGLife that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on TDGLife if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on TDGLife.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. TDGLife offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
4. Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on TDGLife within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on TDGLife.
If you make a payment on TDGLife, you agree to our Payments Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
6. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must comply with the TDGLife Platform Policy.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by TDGLife
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
If you use our self-service advertising creation interfaces for creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, the “Self-Serve Ad Interfaces”), you agree to our Self-Serve Ad Terms. In addition, your advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content placed on TDGLife or our publisher network will comply with our Advertising Policies.
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on TDGLife, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
10. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- 1. If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- 2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the TDGLife Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of TDGLife to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 9.3, and 14-18.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or TDGLife exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in San Mateo County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of California will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on TDGLife, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on TDGLife and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on TDGLife. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on TDGLife. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of TDGLife.
- WE TRY TO KEEP TDGLIFE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING TDGLIFE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT TDGLIFE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT TDGLIFE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. TDGLIFE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR TDGLIFE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR TDGLIFE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, TDGLIFE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
14. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with TDGLife outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on TDGLife (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use TDGLIfe if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- Certain specific terms that apply only for German users are available here.
- By “TDGLife” or” TDGLife Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.TDGLife.com and any other TDGLife branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. TDGLife reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from TDGLife or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with TDGLife.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using TDGLife Services.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from TDGLife or provide to TDGLife through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on TDGLife or otherwise make available by usingTDGLife.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By “Trademarks” we mean the list of trademarks provided here.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and TDGLife, Inc. Otherwise, this Statement is an agreement between you and TDGLife Ireland Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either TDGLIfe, Inc. or TDGLife Ireland Limited, as appropriate.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding TDGLife, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing TDGLIFE.
By using or accessing TDGLifeServices, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy as amended from time to time. You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of TDGLIFE:
• Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through TDGLife, unless it is stated that other terms apply.
• Platform Page: This page helps you better understand what happens when you add a third-party application or use TDGLife Connect, including how they may access and use your data.
• TDGLife Platform Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to applications, including Connect sites.
• Advertising Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on TDGLife.
• Self-Serve Ad Terms: These terms apply when you use the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces to create, submit, or deliver any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
• Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on TDGLife.
• TDGLife Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of TDGLife trademarks, logos and screenshots.
• How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
• Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of TDGLife Pages.
• Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to TDGLife and your activity on TDGLife.
To access the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities in several different languages, change the language setting for your TDGLife session by clicking on the language link in the left corner of most pages. If the Statement is not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version.
What are the TDGLife Services?
TDGLife offers a wide variety of products and services, including communications and advertising platforms. Many of these products and services — such as the TDGLife mobile app, Messenger— are part of your TDGLife experience. Other services, such as …(ex: they may not require you to register for or sign in to the service using yourTDGLife account). Certain services, such as Page Manager or Audience Insights, are products that we offer our business partners such as advertisers. All of these Services are covered by our Data Policy, which describes how we collect, use and disclose your information. Sometimes supplemental terms may also apply to specific products or services, which we will tell you about through those services.
Please note that in some cases, products and services that we offer have their own separate privacy policies and terms.