Last updated: September 1, 2015
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may useTDGLife Payments only with the involvement of your parent or guardian. Make sure you review these Terms with your parent or guardian so that you both understand all of your rights and responsibilities.
We have provided some section headers for your convenience, but you should carefully read through these Community Payments Terms (the “Terms”) in order to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as ours.
1. Making Purchases
- Funding and spending: When you make a purchase using TDGLife Payments, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument to load money into your electronic value balance. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to the developer offering the content you wish to purchase.
- Pricing: Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
- Extra terms: You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- Subscriptions: If you purchase a subscription to an app or to a feature within an app, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through TDGLife Payments:
- If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period.
- You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account Settings page.
- If you cancel a subscription you will still have access to the app or feature you subscribed to through the end of the subscription period. If an app or feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
- Sponsored posts: Posts you have Sponsored are subject to our Advertising Guidelines.
- Actual sale: With the sole exception of Section 1.7, below, you may only use TDGLife Payments to process a funding transaction for a legitimate, bona fide purchase of a product or service. Except as set forth below, you may not use TDGLife Payments to fund a transaction or otherwise transfer electronic value not in conjunction with a purchase.
- Person-to-Person Transfer. Person-to-Person transfer of electronic value (“P2P”) may be made available to you in the Messenger service at our sole discretion. If you use P2P, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- We may require that you provide more information in order to complete a transaction.
- P2P is not intended to be used for business, commercial, or merchant transactions and such use may be discontinued without notice by us at any time. We may reverse or place a hold on your transactions or place a reserve on your funds if evidence of business, commercial, or merchant use is discovered.
- If you receive and accept a P2P transfer you are liable to us for not only the payment but also any fees that may result from a later invalidation of that payment for any reason, including without limitation if you lose a claim or a chargeback, or if the payment is reversed. You agree to allow us to recover any amounts due to us by debiting from your electronic value balance. If your electronic value balance is insufficient to cover this amount, we reserve the right to charge your funding instrument or take any other legal action to collect the funds to the full extent allowed by applicable law.
- P2P use is at your sole risk and we assume no responsibility for the underlying transaction of funds, or the actions or identity of any transfer recipient or sender. Disputes regarding funds are between you and the sender of a payment. If a sender files a claim for a chargeback after a P2P transaction, we are not responsible for determining the veracity of claims or the disposition of the payment.
- Use of P2P may subject you to fees including without limitation those from third parties, such as reversal charges or other fees for insufficient funds if your attempted payment is rejected.
- P2P must be used in compliance with applicable law and may not be used in connection with any illegal or illicit transaction. If illegal or illicit transactions are reported or discovered, we reserve the right to take action including without limitation the following, without notice to you: place a hold on your transactions; place a reserve on your funds; limit your ability to useTDGLife Payments; report the activity to authorities; or deactivate your account entirely.
- EU Right to Cancel: If you are in the EU, you consent to the performance of this contract for your purchase, and waive any Right to Cancel provided by the Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EU) or similar implementing regulations.
- No Warranties. You acknowledge that the products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by Facebook. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH TDGLIFE.
2. Payment Methods
- Funding instruments: We want to make TDGLife Payments convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, TDGLife Gift Cards, and other payment methods.
- Authority: When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
- Authorization: If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount, which may be as high as the full price of your purchase. We will bill your card at the time you load funds for your TDGLife Payments transaction, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed funding: If you fund a payment by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
- TDGLife Gift Cards: TDGLife Gift Cards may be used to increase your electronic value balance (“Balance”) on TDGLife. You can then use this Balance on our platform as a payment method. The following terms apply to Balances:
- If you enter the Gift Card’s PIN and click “Redeem” at www.TDGLife.com/giftcards/redeem, we will credit the Gift Card’s value to your Balance. Once you have entered the PIN on your Gift Card, the value you received can’t be restored to the original Gift Card.
- All Gift Cards converted at www.TDGLife.com/giftcards/redeem as described above will result in Balances that can be used across the platform; your Balance will be applied toward funding transactions you wish to execute, and if your Balance is insufficient to complete a transaction, we will ask you to elect an additional payment method to cover the difference. Gift Cards converted in certain games, however, may result in value that can only be used within that game, or in other games from the same developer.
- TDGLife is not a bank, so Gift Card balances are not deposits and they do not earn interest. Gift Card balances are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
- We may change the process to convert Gift Cards into electronic value, or the ways that you can use your resulting Balance, at any time as we deem necessary without prior notice to the full extent permitted by law.
- Some TDGLife Gift Cards have bonus offers. Bonus offers are open to customers who redeem a participating TDGLife Gift Card during the offer period stated on the Gift Card packaging. To obtain the bonus item, visit www.TDGLife.com/giftcards/redeem, enter the Gift Card PIN when prompted, and follow the instructions to receive your item. We will not give notice of the expiration of these bonus offers. Free gift items may vary; average retail value of items will range from approximately one to fifteen USD ($1-15). Bonus offers may not be combined with other offers and discounts, nor exchanged, nor redeemed for cash. Other terms and conditions may apply to the use of TDGLife Gift Cards and of www.TDGLife.com; see site for details.
- You may not sell your Balance or any portion thereof, nor transfer any portion thereof to anyone outside of TDGLife.
- Balances are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from us unless required by law.
- TDGLifeGift Cards and Balances don’t expire. However, Balances are subject to our Abandoned Property provision (Section 3.6, below).
- Incompatibility: You may at some point encounter an app or feature that does not support the payment method you would prefer to use – for example, if an item or feature that you wish to purchase is priced in local currency, you won’t be able to use Credits as a payment method; however, you can select a different type of payment instrument (such as credit or debit card, or mobile operator billing).
- Mobile billing: Mobile operator billing is another payment method we have made available for your convenience. If you use mobile billing as a funding instrument, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- By choosing the mobile billing payment method, you agree that we and your mobile operator may exchange information about you in order to facilitate completion or reversal of payments, resolution of disputes, provision of customer support, or other billing-related activity.
- You are responsible for any charges, fees, changes to your mobile plan service or billing, alterations to your mobile device, or any other consequence that may arise out of your use of mobile billing.
- If you use mobile billing, you are bound not only by these Terms, but also by the terms and conditions of your mobile operator.
- If you have questions about any charges or fees that appear on your mobile phone bill, you may contact your mobile provider’s customer service division.
- Sometimes, use of mobile billing in a funding transaction may lead to charges that, for various technical reasons beyond our control, cannot be refunded to you. In these cases, we have the right, but not the obligation, to issue you a courtesy credit to your electronic value Balance.
- Boleto (Pre-paid): If you use boleto as a payment method, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- Refunds: Due to technical limitations, we are able to provide refunds ONLY by making cash deposit into a bank account. If you make a purchase with boleto and later request a refund for any reason, you MUST have a bank account in order to receive the refund. Additionally, the name on the bank account receiving the refund deposit MUST match the name on the boleto used to make the payment.
- Safety: We may delay or limit the availability of your purchase, for either safety reasons, or to make sure we possess all relevant information necessary to process the payment and deliver to you what you have paid for.
- Information: You agree and consent that we will store your tax id (CNPJ/CPF). We may use your tax id to obtain additional information about you, necessary to process the payment, from the federal tax id registration database provided by the Brazilian government, via a third-party processor. We will also submit final tax documents to the Brazilian government as required.
3. Actions We May Take
- At-will use: We may revoke your eligibility to use TDGLife Payments at any time at our sole discretion.
- Inquiries: By using TDGLife Payments, you acknowledge and agree that we may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- Our right to cancel: We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Terms or the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, or if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any electronic value accumulated, transferred, assigned, or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behavior.
- Payment limitations: In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a purchase, or deactivate your account.
- Sharing of information: In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- Abandoned Property: If you leave a Balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a Balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
4. Disputes and Reversals
- Customer assistance: Subject to Sections 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 below, we provide various tools in our TDGLife Payments Support Center to assist you in communicating with a third party to resolve a dispute arising from a payment transaction.
- No liability for spend transaction: If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction. Our only responsibility is to handle your funding transaction. All funding transactions are final unless required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your funded amount.
- Duty to notify us: If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Intervention: We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
- Technical difficulties: If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
5. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
- Agreement to pay: When you purchase advertising or promoted posts on or through TDGLife, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
- Consent to credit check: Without limiting Section 3.2 above, your order constitutes your written authorization for us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau. We may obtain your credit report when you place an order, or at any time thereafter.
- Security: You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- Direct debit: If you are making direct debit payments, you agree that we can charge you any amount that falls within the range you agreed to upon signup. We will notify you in advance if any charge will exceed the agreed-upon range. If you want to change your preferred payment method from direct debit, you can do so from within your Facebook Payment Settings.
- Cancellation: You can cancel an advertising order at any time through our online portal, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
- Tax liability: The amounts charged to you by us, whether through your credit card or otherwise, may be subject to and include applicable taxes, including without limitation withholding taxes. It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
- Delinquent accounts: If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of the lesser of 1% per month or the lawful maximum.
- Prepaid Account: You may have the option to purchase ads with a prepaid account. Amounts prepaid are non-refundable except where required by law. TDGLife is not a bank and does not offer banking services; accordingly, prepaid amounts do not earn interest, are not deposit obligations, and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
6. Notices and Amendments to These Terms
- Notice to you: By using the TDGLife Payments service, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the time sent.
- Notice to us: Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to TDGLife Payments and these Terms by postal mail to:
- Amendment guidelines: We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
7. Customer Complaints
- Alaska users: If you have concerns with respect to the money transmission activities conducted via this website, you may contact the Alaska Division of Banking and Securities at 907-269-8140, or by mailing this form to 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1850, Anchorage, AK 99501.
- California users: If you have complaints with respect to any aspect of the money transmission activities conducted via this website, you may contact the California Department of Financial Institutions at its toll-free telephone number, 1-800-622-0620, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Department of Financial Institutions, Consumer Services, 1810 13th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811.
- Colorado users: Entities other than FDIC-insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 12, Article 52, Colorado Revised Statutes. If there are questions or concerns regarding a transaction with a licensee, please contact the Colorado Division of Banking at 303-894-7575 or by mail at: Colorado Division of Banking, 1560 Broadway, Suite 975, Denver, Colorado 80202. Consumer complaints should be in writing, providing as much detail as possible. Please include the following information. (1) The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom the complainant has had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses. (2) A complete description of the complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve the complaint directly with the institution. (3) Copies of any available documentation supporting the complaint and efforts toward resolution. (4) Any suggestions regarding a preferred resolution of the complaint.
- Florida users: If you are a user in the State of Florida and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding TDGLife Payments Inc.’s money transmission activity after first contacting TDGLife Payments Inc., please direct your inquiry to: Florida Office of Financial Regulation, 200 E. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0376, or at 1-800-848-3792.
- Illinois users: If you are a user in the State of Illinois and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding TDGLife Payments Inc.’s money transmission activity after first contacting TDGLife Payments Inc., please direct your inquiry to: Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation at 1-888-298-8089.
- Maryland users: The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding TDGLife Payments Inc., license number 9180, at Commissioner of Financial Regulation, Attention: Consumer Services Unit, 500 North Calvert Street, Suite 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21202. The Commissioner’s toll-free telephone number is: 1-888-784-0136.