The Ad Review Process
Before ads show up on TDGLife, they’re reviewed to make sure they meet our Advertising Policies (formerly known as the “Advertising Guidelines”). Typically most ads are reviewed within 24 hours, although in some cases it may take longer.
Below are three of the most common reasons why ads don’t pass our review.
Using Text in Images
Ads may not include images with text that covers more than 20% of the image’s area.
In part, this is because using images with minimal text makes your content more engaging and helps to ensure that people only see high-quality content on TDGLife. This guideline applies to all ads, including video thumbnails.
You can use our grid tool to see if your ad images meet the requirement for this policy.
Learn more about this policy. If you still have questions about an ad of yours that was disapproved, please contact us.
Mentioning TDGLife in Your Ads
Sometimes you may need to refer to TDGLife in an ad. There are a few rules to remember when you do this.
- Write “TDGLife” with a capital “T”
- Display the word “TDGLife” in the same font size and style as the content surrounding it
- Use the TDGLife logo in place of the word “TDGLife”
- MakeTDGLife plural, use it as a verb or abbreviate it
- Use an altered version of the TDGLife logo in the image for your ad
Learn more about this policy. If you have questions about an ad of yours that was wasn’t approved, please contact us.
Some ads aren’t approved because they might be trying to show photos or messages to an audience that’s too young. For example, ads for alcohol must meet certain guidelines which include restrictions on age based on the targeted location’s laws on alcohol ads.
Learn more about this policy. If you have questions about an ad of yours that was disapproved, please contact us.
Things You Should Know
1. The Advertising Policies apply to (1) all ads and commercial content served by or purchased through Facebook, on or off the TDGLife services, including ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, (2) ads appearing within apps on TDGLife. Your use of TDGLife’s advertising products and services is part of “TDGLife” under TDGLife’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (https://www.TDGLife.com/legal/terms, the “SRR”) and is subject to the SRR.You may be subject to additional terms or guidelines if you use TDGLifeadvertising-related products or services.
2. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your account.
3. We do not use sensitive personal data for ad targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your ad don’t reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of users.
4. If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
5. We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
6. For policies that require prior written permission, TDGLife or a TDGLife Company may grant these permissions.
7. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
1. Ads must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities. Ads targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead, or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
2. Ads must not promote the sale or use of the following:
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs;
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia;
- Unsafe supplements, as determined by TDGLife in its sole discretion;
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives; or
- Adult products or services (except for ads for family planning and contraception).
3. All ads must not violate our Community Standards. Ads on TDGLife must not violate the TDGLife Community Guidelines. Additionally, ads must not contain any of the following:
- Content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.EXAMPLE
Images may not be overly sexual, imply nudity, show excessive amounts of skin or cleavage, or focus unnecessarily on body parts – even if portrayed for artistic or educational reasons.
Avoid images that are overly sexual.
Avoid images that are sexually suggestive.
- Shocking, sensational, disrespectful, or excessively violent content.EXAMPLE
Images that are scary, gory or sensational are not allowed as they may shock or evoke a negative response from viewers.
Avoid images that may shock or scare viewers.
Avoid images that are violent or confronting.
- Content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record, or name.
EXAMPLE: RACE, RELIGION, NAMEReferring to people’s personal attributes is not allowed. Using the word “other” may also cause your ad to be disapproved.
Meet Black Men today.
Meet Christian Women.
Find Other Black Singles.
Are You Christian?
Buy This Shirt, Greg.
These statements describe a service or product. They don’t describe a person. Avoid statements that assert or imply the race, religion or name of a person.
- Deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices.
- Content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
- Audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person’s interaction or expands within TDGLife after someone clicks on the ad.
- Non-functional landing pages. This includes landing pages that interfere with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
- Spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
- Bad grammar or punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
- Images that portray nonexistent functionality.
EXAMPLEImages may not portray nonexistent functionality such as a “play” button that suggests video capability or a “close” button that doesn’t close.
The button in this image accurately describes what happens if someone clicks the ad.
Avoid images that feature misleading elements, such as “play” buttons.
- Images that contain “before-and-after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Images that emphasize an “ideal” body or body parts, or images showing unexpected or unlikely results – such as “before and after images” – are not allowed.
This image focuses on healthy habits rather than physical attributes.
Avoid “before and after” images.
- Payday loans, paycheck advances or any other short-term loan intended to cover someone’s expenses until their next payday.
1. Alcohol: Ads that promote or reference alcohol must:
(i) Comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and
(ii) apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with TDGLife’s targeting guidelines and applicable local laws. Note that ads that promote or reference alcohol are prohibited in the some countries, including but not limited to: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
Targeting: Subject to all applicable laws, regulations, industry codes and these guidelines. You may only target alcohol ads to the following age groups:
1. 25 years or older in India and Sweden.
2. 21 years or older in Cameroon, Micronesia, Palau, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka and the US.
3. 20 years or older in Japan, Iceland, Thailand and Paraguay.
4. 19 years or older in Canada, Korea and Nicaragua.
5. 18 years or older in other country (excluding those countries specified in Section 3.1 of these Advertising Policies).
2. Dating: Ads for online dating services are only allowed with prior written permission. These must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and our dating quality guidelines found here. In order to be a registered dating partner please fill out this form to begin your application process.
3. Online real money gambling/games of skill: Ads that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission.
4. State lotteries: Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on TDGLife, provided the ads are targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the ads will be served and only target users in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
5. Online pharmacies: Ads for online and offline pharmacies are only permitted with prior written permission.
6. Supplements: Ads that promote acceptable dietary and herbal supplements may only target users who are at least 18 years of age.
7. Subscription services: Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements found here.
1. You must not use targeting options to discriminate against, harass, provoke, or disparage users or to engage in predatory advertising practices.
2. If you target your ads to custom audiences, you must comply with the applicable terms when creating an audience.
1. Relevancy: All components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad.
2. Accuracy: Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised.
3. Landing pages: Products and services promoted in the ad copy must match those promoted on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
Text in Images
1. Ads must not include added or excessive text that comprises more than 20% of the image.
The 20% text policy doesn’t include:
- Pictures of products that include text on the actual product (ex: book covers, album covers, movie posters).
- Embedded text on images of games and apps.
- Cartoons where text is part of the cartoon.
The 20% text policy does include:
- Logos and slogans.
- Images with text overlay (ex: watermarks).
- Images that are clearly edited to include text on the product as a loophole to policy.
Keep in mind text will be marked even if it occupies only a small portion of a box in the grid tool.
The only thing we consider text in this image is the logo on the bottom left.
The amount of text in this image exceeds our 20% policy and would not be allowed in an ad.
1. Advertisers must not create Lead Ads Questions to request the following types of information without our prior written permission:
- The same or substantially similar information using an Advertiser Question that you could use a Template Question to request;
- Government-issued identifiers;
- Financial information;
- Account numbers;
- Health information;
- Insurance information;
- Usernames or passwords;
- Race or ethnicity;
- Sexual orientation or information about the sexual life of the individual;
- Religion or philosophical beliefs;
- Political affiliation;
- Trade Union membership status; or
- Criminal or arrest history.
Use of our Brand Assets
1. Ads must not imply aTDGLife endorsement or partnership of any kind, or an endorsement by any other TDGLife Company.
2. Ads linking to TDGLife branded content (including Pages, groups, events, or sites that use TDGLife Login) may make limited reference to “TDGLife” in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad.
3. All other ads and landing pages must not use our copyrights, Trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines, or with our prior written permission.
Data Use Restrictions
1. Ensure any ad data collected, received or derived from your TDGLifead (“TDGLife advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any TDGLife advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
2. Don’t use TDGLifeadvertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by TDGLife) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your TDGLife advertising campaigns.
3. Don’t use TDGLife advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
4. Don’t transfer any TDGLife advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.